WESTPORT, Conn. -- Staples High School in Westport was recently ranked among the best high schools in the nation by The Daily Beast.
Staples, the lone Fairfield County representative on the list, came in at No. 69, according to The Daily Beast.
The Daily Beast compiled its ranking by contacting every school in the country with graduation rates above 85 percent. With 1,200 schools completing the survey, The Daily Beast then ranked each school in the following categories with percentage weights:
- Four-year cohort graduation rate (30 percent)
- College acceptance rate (30 percent)
- College preparedness (30 percent)
- College entrance exams (10 percent)
Neighboring Westchester County, N.Y., boasted five schools out of 735 on the list.
- 1 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 2 Black Bear Spotted In Yard On Sunnyside Lane In Westport
- 3 Saugatuck Rowers Win 4 Gold Medals At Club Nationals
- 4 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport