WESTPORT, Conn. -- Staples High School in Westport was recently ranked among the best high schools in the nation by The Daily Beast.
Staples, the lone Fairfield County representative on the list, came in at No. 69, according to The Daily Beast.
The Daily Beast compiled its ranking by contacting every school in the country with graduation rates above 85 percent. With 1,200 schools completing the survey, The Daily Beast then ranked each school in the following categories with percentage weights:
- Four-year cohort graduation rate (30 percent)
- College acceptance rate (30 percent)
- College preparedness (30 percent)
- College entrance exams (10 percent)
Neighboring Westchester County, N.Y., boasted five schools out of 735 on the list.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport