WESTPORT, Conn. -- Staples High School in Westport was recently ranked among the best high schools in the nation by The Daily Beast.
Staples, the lone Fairfield County representative on the list, came in at No. 69, according to The Daily Beast.
The Daily Beast compiled its ranking by contacting every school in the country with graduation rates above 85 percent. With 1,200 schools completing the survey, The Daily Beast then ranked each school in the following categories with percentage weights:
- Four-year cohort graduation rate (30 percent)
- College acceptance rate (30 percent)
- College preparedness (30 percent)
- College entrance exams (10 percent)
Neighboring Westchester County, N.Y., boasted five schools out of 735 on the list.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 21 Percent In Westport
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Westport
- 5 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team