WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Westport woman has been charged in the theft of two cameras, two watches, and a police scanner from her elderly neighbor, police said.
Jacqueline Malone of 5 Canal St. was arrested Wednesday morning, August 6, and charged with second-degree larceny.
A complaint was made to police saying Malone had stolen personal property from an elderly victim at Canal Park, police said. Malone gained the trust of the victim to steal the items, police said. The value of the property was undetermined, police said.
A judge signed the arrest warrant, and Malone turned herself in at police headquarters. She was held on $20,000 bond pending an Aug. 21 court date.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 3 Power Outages Repaired In Westport After Storm
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola