WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Westport woman has been charged in the theft of two cameras, two watches, and a police scanner from her elderly neighbor, police said.
Jacqueline Malone of 5 Canal St. was arrested Wednesday morning, August 6, and charged with second-degree larceny.
A complaint was made to police saying Malone had stolen personal property from an elderly victim at Canal Park, police said. Malone gained the trust of the victim to steal the items, police said. The value of the property was undetermined, police said.
A judge signed the arrest warrant, and Malone turned herself in at police headquarters. She was held on $20,000 bond pending an Aug. 21 court date.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Car Driven By Westport Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies