WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man spotted asleep at the wheel of his car with the engine running on the Post Road was arrested early Monday on drunken-driving charges, Westport police said.
Guy Franklin, 60, of South Carolina was observed by officers stopped with his vehicle running at about 1:15 a.m., police said.
Upon approaching the car, officers detected an odor of alcohol emanating from Franklin, police said. Police administered standardized field sobriety tests, which Franklin failed, police said.
He was arrested and charged with operating under the influence. Franklin was released after posting $500 bond and issued a court date of Sept. 11.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield