WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man spotted asleep at the wheel of his car with the engine running on the Post Road was arrested early Monday on drunken-driving charges, Westport police said.
Guy Franklin, 60, of South Carolina was observed by officers stopped with his vehicle running at about 1:15 a.m., police said.
Upon approaching the car, officers detected an odor of alcohol emanating from Franklin, police said. Police administered standardized field sobriety tests, which Franklin failed, police said.
He was arrested and charged with operating under the influence. Franklin was released after posting $500 bond and issued a court date of Sept. 11.
- 1 HGTV’s Talented Twin Property Brothers Work Their Magic In Fairfied County
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport
- 3 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers
- 4 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 5 Saugatuck Assistant Principal Gets Top Job At Long Lots School In Westport