WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man spotted asleep at the wheel of his car with the engine running on the Post Road was arrested early Monday on drunken-driving charges, Westport police said.
Guy Franklin, 60, of South Carolina was observed by officers stopped with his vehicle running at about 1:15 a.m., police said.
Upon approaching the car, officers detected an odor of alcohol emanating from Franklin, police said. Police administered standardized field sobriety tests, which Franklin failed, police said.
He was arrested and charged with operating under the influence. Franklin was released after posting $500 bond and issued a court date of Sept. 11.
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Westport's Tanen, Higgins Group Realtor, Wins Women's Council's State Honor