WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man spotted asleep at the wheel of his car with the engine running on the Post Road was arrested early Monday on drunken-driving charges, Westport police said.
Guy Franklin, 60, of South Carolina was observed by officers stopped with his vehicle running at about 1:15 a.m., police said.
Upon approaching the car, officers detected an odor of alcohol emanating from Franklin, police said. Police administered standardized field sobriety tests, which Franklin failed, police said.
He was arrested and charged with operating under the influence. Franklin was released after posting $500 bond and issued a court date of Sept. 11.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Westport
- 2 Westport Investment Adviser Who Defrauded Clients Gets One Year In Prison
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Westport