WESTPORT, Conn. -- A man spotted asleep at the wheel of his car with the engine running on the Post Road was arrested early Monday on drunken-driving charges, Westport police said.
Guy Franklin, 60, of South Carolina was observed by officers stopped with his vehicle running at about 1:15 a.m., police said.
Upon approaching the car, officers detected an odor of alcohol emanating from Franklin, police said. Police administered standardized field sobriety tests, which Franklin failed, police said.
He was arrested and charged with operating under the influence. Franklin was released after posting $500 bond and issued a court date of Sept. 11.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 5 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday