WESTPORT, Conn. -- After hearing a Norwalk police broadcast about a car wanted in connection with a theft in that city, Westport police spotted the suspect driving on Interstate 95 on Friday afternoon, police said.
Westport officers pulled over Victor Diaz, 23, of Bridgeport, near Exit 17 on Interstate 95 at about 3:35 p.m., according to Westport police.
Diaz was driving a vehicle that was reported stolen out of Fairfield, police said. Officers also found had an existing warrant for his arrest on a charge of failure to appear.
Diaz was arrested on charges of second-degree larceny/motor vehicle theft and second-degree failure to appear. He posted $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Aug. 4, authorities said.
- 1 Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Westport Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Police: Two Busted With Heroin During Motor Vehicle Stop In Westport
- 5 Westport Woman, 55, Charged With DUI, Erratic Driving