WESTPORT, Conn. -- After hearing a Norwalk police broadcast about a car wanted in connection with a theft in that city, Westport police spotted the suspect driving on Interstate 95 on Friday afternoon, police said.
Westport officers pulled over Victor Diaz, 23, of Bridgeport, near Exit 17 on Interstate 95 at about 3:35 p.m., according to Westport police.
Diaz was driving a vehicle that was reported stolen out of Fairfield, police said. Officers also found had an existing warrant for his arrest on a charge of failure to appear.
Diaz was arrested on charges of second-degree larceny/motor vehicle theft and second-degree failure to appear. He posted $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Aug. 4, authorities said.
- 1 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport
- 3 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 4 Black Bear Spotted In Yard On Sunnyside Lane In Westport
- 5 Brush Fire Reported Near Metro-North Tracks In Westport