WESTPORT, Conn. -- After hearing a Norwalk police broadcast about a car wanted in connection with a theft in that city, Westport police spotted the suspect driving on Interstate 95 on Friday afternoon, police said.
Westport officers pulled over Victor Diaz, 23, of Bridgeport, near Exit 17 on Interstate 95 at about 3:35 p.m., according to Westport police.
Diaz was driving a vehicle that was reported stolen out of Fairfield, police said. Officers also found had an existing warrant for his arrest on a charge of failure to appear.
Diaz was arrested on charges of second-degree larceny/motor vehicle theft and second-degree failure to appear. He posted $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Aug. 4, authorities said.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight