WESTPORT, Conn. -- After hearing a Norwalk police broadcast about a car wanted in connection with a theft in that city, Westport police spotted the suspect driving on Interstate 95 on Friday afternoon, police said.
Westport officers pulled over Victor Diaz, 23, of Bridgeport, near Exit 17 on Interstate 95 at about 3:35 p.m., according to Westport police.
Diaz was driving a vehicle that was reported stolen out of Fairfield, police said. Officers also found had an existing warrant for his arrest on a charge of failure to appear.
Diaz was arrested on charges of second-degree larceny/motor vehicle theft and second-degree failure to appear. He posted $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Aug. 4, authorities said.
- 1 Westport Police Arrest Two After Lengthy Narcotics Investigation
- 2 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 4 Westport Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport Tuesday