WESTPORT, Conn. – A 52-year-old Weston man was charged with drunken driving early Monday morning after he allegedly drove through a red light in Westport, police said.
Rajan Sekaran of Old Orchard Drive was spotted driving north on Saugatuck Avenue at approximately 1 a.m. without headlights and tail lights on, police said. An officer following Sekaran said he was driving over 60 mph in a 30 mph zone, the police report said.
Sekaran later drove through a red light at the intersection of Riverside Avenue and Post Road West, police said. The traffic light turned red before Sekaran reached it, the report said.
When stopped, the officer smelled alcohol on Sekaran’s breath, the report said. He failed field sobriety tests and submitted to breath tests with readings of .195 and .180.
Sekaran was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and several motor vehicle offenses, including running the red light. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 28.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Westport