WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 70-year-old woman was arrested on drunken-driving charges after she tried to drive around a police car that was blocking fallen wires on Main Street, police said.
Marilyn Harding of 580 Riverside Ave. was arrested at about 11 p.m., Thursday, July 3, police said.
She attempted to drive around a police car that was positioned to shut down Main Street while workers from CL&P attempted to repair a power line that had fallen onto the roadway, police said. Harding was belligerent to the officers and refused to perform any field sobriety tests, police said.
Harding was arrested on a charge of operating under the influence of drugs/alcohol. She was released after posting a $500 bond and given a court date of July 10.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Westport, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Family Dietitian Greenspun Opens New Westport Location