WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 70-year-old woman was arrested on drunken-driving charges after she tried to drive around a police car that was blocking fallen wires on Main Street, police said.
Marilyn Harding of 580 Riverside Ave. was arrested at about 11 p.m., Thursday, July 3, police said.
She attempted to drive around a police car that was positioned to shut down Main Street while workers from CL&P attempted to repair a power line that had fallen onto the roadway, police said. Harding was belligerent to the officers and refused to perform any field sobriety tests, police said.
Harding was arrested on a charge of operating under the influence of drugs/alcohol. She was released after posting a $500 bond and given a court date of July 10.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks