WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 70-year-old woman was arrested on drunken-driving charges after she tried to drive around a police car that was blocking fallen wires on Main Street, police said.
Marilyn Harding of 580 Riverside Ave. was arrested at about 11 p.m., Thursday, July 3, police said.
She attempted to drive around a police car that was positioned to shut down Main Street while workers from CL&P attempted to repair a power line that had fallen onto the roadway, police said. Harding was belligerent to the officers and refused to perform any field sobriety tests, police said.
Harding was arrested on a charge of operating under the influence of drugs/alcohol. She was released after posting a $500 bond and given a court date of July 10.
- 1 National Weather Service: Westport's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 17 Soundview Drive Is The Westport Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 3 Westport Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Westport's First Selectman To Unveil Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- 5 Metro-North Clears Delays On New Haven Line