WESTPORT, Conn. – A 21-year-old Fairfield man was charged with drunken driving Thursday morning after his car crashed into a tree in Westport, police said.
Bennett Sacks lost control of his car and drove into a tree on Ford Road, police said. No other cars were involved. According to the police report, Sacks smelled of alcohol and told officers he tried to drive away but couldn’t because of the damage to the car.
Police said Sacks failed field sobriety tests and refused the breath test. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor. He was also charged with evading responsibility and failure to drive in the proper lane.
He was released after posting a $500 bond and is due in Norwalk Superior Court on Dec. 3.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport