WESTPORT, Conn. – A 40-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after he got into an accident on Park Street near Saugatuck Avenue last Saturday night, police said.
The driver, Steven Bass, smelled of alcohol when the responding officer arrived and his speech was slurred, police said. When Bass stepped out of the car, he could not keep his balance and had difficulty standing straight, the police report said.
Bass refused to perform field sobriety tests and refused a breath test, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and failure to drive in the proper lane. He was released on $500 bond and is due in court Nov. 15.
- 1 Westport Firefighters Douse Blaze In Backyard Gas Grill
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Westport Fire Assists In Rescue Of Two Girls After Tubing Accident