WESTPORT, Conn. – A 40-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after he got into an accident on Park Street near Saugatuck Avenue last Saturday night, police said.
The driver, Steven Bass, smelled of alcohol when the responding officer arrived and his speech was slurred, police said. When Bass stepped out of the car, he could not keep his balance and had difficulty standing straight, the police report said.
Bass refused to perform field sobriety tests and refused a breath test, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and failure to drive in the proper lane. He was released on $500 bond and is due in court Nov. 15.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad