WESTPORT, Conn. – A 40-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after he got into an accident on Park Street near Saugatuck Avenue last Saturday night, police said.
The driver, Steven Bass, smelled of alcohol when the responding officer arrived and his speech was slurred, police said. When Bass stepped out of the car, he could not keep his balance and had difficulty standing straight, the police report said.
Bass refused to perform field sobriety tests and refused a breath test, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and failure to drive in the proper lane. He was released on $500 bond and is due in court Nov. 15.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 3 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Police: Second Swastika Found At Wilton High School