WESTPORT, Conn. – A 40-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after he got into an accident on Park Street near Saugatuck Avenue last Saturday night, police said.
The driver, Steven Bass, smelled of alcohol when the responding officer arrived and his speech was slurred, police said. When Bass stepped out of the car, he could not keep his balance and had difficulty standing straight, the police report said.
Bass refused to perform field sobriety tests and refused a breath test, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and failure to drive in the proper lane. He was released on $500 bond and is due in court Nov. 15.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Westport On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Westport