WESTPORT, Conn. – A 40-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after he got into an accident on Park Street near Saugatuck Avenue last Saturday night, police said.
The driver, Steven Bass, smelled of alcohol when the responding officer arrived and his speech was slurred, police said. When Bass stepped out of the car, he could not keep his balance and had difficulty standing straight, the police report said.
Bass refused to perform field sobriety tests and refused a breath test, police said. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and failure to drive in the proper lane. He was released on $500 bond and is due in court Nov. 15.
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westport Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter