WESTPORT, Conn. – The Westport Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the Editor:
I want to thank Representative Town Meeting member George W. Underhill for his service to the town of Westport. I regret accepting his resignation and wish him well as he relocates to Guilford, Conn. As a member of the town’s legislative body, he has carefully considered and voted on town ordinances and budget appropriations.
Mr. Underhill’s resignation leaves a vacancy for District 4. In accordance with the Town Charter, (Section C5-8C), the vacancy must be filled by a registered voter residing in RTM District 4. No party affiliation is required since Westport’s RTM is non-partisan. The term expires in November 2013.
Residents of RTM District 4 interested in being considered to fill the vacancy are invited to send a resume, on or before Feb. 15 to the Town Clerk’s Office, attention Patricia Strauss, 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions can be directed to me or to the remaining district members, Jonathan Cunitz, Jeffrey Wieser, and David Floyd. Contact information and a district boundary map are available on the town’s website.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Westport
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Supporters Gather In Westport To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Brush Fire Reported Near Metro-North Tracks In Westport