WESTPORT, Conn. - Mary Bacik Tirreno of Westport died Sunday, June 15. She was 92.
Tirreno was born in Sedlice, Czechoslovakia, to James and Mary Bacik, she came to the United States at age eight. She grew up in Bridgeport and was a graduate of Harding High School. During World War II, she worked at Change-Vought in Bridgeport building Corsair fighter planes. After her marriage together with her husband they built an auto dealership which became Honda Automobiles of Westport which they operated for over 50 years. She was a member of St. Luke Church in Westport for over 49 years.
Tirreno is survived by her sons, Robert and Lawrence (Mary) both of Westport; five grandchildren; brothers, Thomas (Karen) Bacik of Stratford, James (Jeannette) Bacik of Huntington, Donald (Connie) Bacik of Waterbury; sister, Jean Casey of Bridgeport; and three great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, C. Lawrence Tirreno.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, June 21 at 11 a.m. directly at St. Luke Church in Westport. Interment to follow in Assumption Cemetery, Greens Farms.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Jimmy Bacik-Galpin Fund, 75 Beth Drive, Stratford, CT 06614.
For more information, please visit: www.shaughnesseybanksfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Westport's Tanen, Higgins Group Realtor, Wins Women's Council's State Honor