WESTPORT, Conn. - Beginning June 2, dog licenses may be obtained from her Town Hall office, Westport Town Clerk Patricia Strauss has announced. All dogs over 6 months must be licensed.
“Licensing your dog verifies that rabies immunization is up to date, as the dog owner must present a copy of the pet’s rabies certificate when obtaining a license,” said Strauss.
“A $75 infraction will be issued for any non-licensed dog and for any dog not wearing a current dog tag attached to a collar around its neck or body,” she said.
Last year, 2,730 dog tags were issued in town. Of those, 2,532 were altered, 162 were unaltered, 32 were replacements or transfers, and four were exempt tags.
Fees for dog licenses are: $8 for neutered male or spayed female and $19 for male or female.
There will be a $1 penalty per month for renewal licenses issued after June 30.
Dog licenses may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office, Room 105 in the Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Ave., from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays; or by mailing payment, and required certificate(s), (all certificates will be returned with license), along with a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: Westport Town Clerk, P.O. Box 549, Westport, CT 06881.
Licenses will cover the term from July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015.
This year, dog licenses will also be sold at the Rabies Vaccination Clinic hosted by the Westport Weston Health District at noon Saturday, May 31.
- 1 Westport Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast