WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- Westport police used a Taser to apprehend a Weston man, Thomas Patterson, 41, who led officers on a foot chase after being stopped for speeding and drunken driving.
- Two men from Bridgeport were arrested on charges of robbing a TD Bank branch in Westport at gunpoint, police said.
- Westport police arrested two people -- Luz Barbosa, 58, of Flushing, Queens, N.Y., and Jose Meneses, 63, of Hoboken, N.J. -- who are suspected of stealing clothing from the Anthropolige in downtown Westport.
- The Westport Little League 12-and-under softball team captured its first District 2 championship in 15 years.
- A building that houses a Men's Warehouse at 950 Post Road E. in Westport has been sold for $3.75 million.
- A 23-year-old man from New York man was arrested on charges of stealing and then selling the personal information from his customers at a cellphone store Westport workplace, police said.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 3 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Happy Birthday To Westport’s Matthew Harding