WESTPORT, Conn. -- Former Westport resident Doug Sheffer was killed along with two others when he was piloting a helicopter that crashed south of Silt, Colo., on Monday, Jan. 27, according to postindependent.com.
Sheffer, who was the owner of DBS helicopters, was inspecting power lines in the area when his Bell LongRanger snagged a line and went down, postindependent.com reported.
According to his biography on the DBS website, Sheffer had 22 years of experience and more than 8,000 hours of flying in elevations of more than 8,000 feet.
Sheffer grew up in Westport and graduated from Staples High in 1968.
- 1 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 2 Westport Police Arrest Two After Lengthy Narcotics Investigation
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Westport
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'