WESTPORT, Conn. -- Former Westport resident Doug Sheffer was killed along with two others when he was piloting a helicopter that crashed south of Silt, Colo., on Monday, Jan. 27, according to postindependent.com.
Sheffer, who was the owner of DBS helicopters, was inspecting power lines in the area when his Bell LongRanger snagged a line and went down, postindependent.com reported.
According to his biography on the DBS website, Sheffer had 22 years of experience and more than 8,000 hours of flying in elevations of more than 8,000 feet.
Sheffer grew up in Westport and graduated from Staples High in 1968.
- 1 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 2 New York City Buyer Purchases Office Building On Westport's Post Road West
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Where To Eat Out In And Around Westport On Thanksgiving