WESTPORT, Conn. -- Former Westport resident Doug Sheffer was killed along with two others when he was piloting a helicopter that crashed south of Silt, Colo., on Monday, Jan. 27, according to postindependent.com.
Sheffer, who was the owner of DBS helicopters, was inspecting power lines in the area when his Bell LongRanger snagged a line and went down, postindependent.com reported.
According to his biography on the DBS website, Sheffer had 22 years of experience and more than 8,000 hours of flying in elevations of more than 8,000 feet.
Sheffer grew up in Westport and graduated from Staples High in 1968.
- 1 Westport Lawyer Charged With Stealing $600K From Clients
- 2 Vespa Serves Up Casual Fine Dining In Westport
- 3 Protesters In Westport Rally Against Racism In America
- 4 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 5 Westport Woman Officially Opens Fairfield's Pure Barre Fitness Studio