WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport drivers can expect delays near the Bridge Street bridge in Saugatuck Friday as bridge detours are planned, First Selectman Gordon Joseloff announced Wednesday afternoon.
There will be four 15 to 20 minute periods of delays/detours between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to allow for ongoing repair work on the bridge, Joseloff said.
Mechanical and electrical components of the bridge—formally the William J. Cribari Bridge— were damaged during Hurricane Sandy and are in the process of being repaired by Cianbro Construction Co.
Signs and markings for detour routes will be posted, Joseloff said.
- 1 Police: Bridgeport Man Was Dead When Moved To Spot In Westport
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 New York City Buyer Purchases Office Building On Westport's Post Road West
- 4 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say