WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport drivers can expect delays near the Bridge Street bridge in Saugatuck Friday as bridge detours are planned, First Selectman Gordon Joseloff announced Wednesday afternoon.
There will be four 15 to 20 minute periods of delays/detours between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to allow for ongoing repair work on the bridge, Joseloff said.
Mechanical and electrical components of the bridge—formally the William J. Cribari Bridge— were damaged during Hurricane Sandy and are in the process of being repaired by Cianbro Construction Co.
Signs and markings for detour routes will be posted, Joseloff said.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 3 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Police: Second Swastika Found At Wilton High School