WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport drivers can expect delays near the Bridge Street bridge in Saugatuck Friday as bridge detours are planned, First Selectman Gordon Joseloff announced Wednesday afternoon.
There will be four 15 to 20 minute periods of delays/detours between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to allow for ongoing repair work on the bridge, Joseloff said.
Mechanical and electrical components of the bridge—formally the William J. Cribari Bridge— were damaged during Hurricane Sandy and are in the process of being repaired by Cianbro Construction Co.
Signs and markings for detour routes will be posted, Joseloff said.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Westport, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Family Dietitian Greenspun Opens New Westport Location