WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- A suspicious incident in which a man in a black vehicle offered a 13-year-old Westport girl a ride to school turned out to be a misunderstanding .
- Court records revealed that Natalie Carpenter, an 18-year-old from Torrington who was arrested last month, was plotting to carry out a Columbine-style shooting at Danbury High School to get back at people she felt bullied her.
- A 28-year-old Norwalk man Felix Bayonne was arrested in Westport and charged with possession of narcotics .
- Southport resident and "Good Morning America" news anchor Josh Elliott has accepted an offer with NBC Sports to be a part of that network's coverage of the horse racing Triple Crown, the Olympics and "Sunday Night Football."
- The Westport and Fairfield Fire Departments have expanded their mutual aid agreements by providing a Rapid Intervention Team at the scene of a structure fire in each town.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.