WESTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston this week:
- Median home prices rose 19-percent in Weston in the first quarter of 2014.
- Allen H. Raymond, a longtime benefactor for the Westport Weston Y, died at age 91 .
- Redding's Olivia J. Tompkins has been inducted into the St. Lawrence University English Department's honorary society.
- State Rep. Kim Fawcett officially announced her candidacy for the 28th state Senate District, representing Easton, Fairfield, Newtown, Weston and Westport.
- Singer/songwriter Paul Simon , 72, and his wife Edie Brickell, 48, were arrested in their New Canaan home after an apparent domestic dispute .
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- A new study shows that just under half of all Connecticut residents want to pack up and leave the Nutmeg State -- the second highest amount of any state in the nation, according to a Gallup Poll .
- The Weston Public School system was named one of the best communities for music education by the National Association of Music Merchants.
- The suspect in the fatal stabbing of a 16-year-old junior at Milford's Jonathan Law High School was identified as the "class clown”.