WESTPORT, Conn. -- Probate Judge Lisa Wexler is holding seminars at Westport Town Hall throughout the spring to meet with her constituents.
The free educational seminars began Tuesday, April 22, and will continue at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 29, with "Changing Your Name." The sessions will continue at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday evenings in Room 100 at Westport Town Hall. The public is invited at no charge.
"I've decided to hold seminars on various topics of interest relating to the Probate Court during my weekly evening hours," said Wexler in a press release. "This is in lieu of the drop-by without appointment format."
The following is a listing of the educational seminars:
- Tuesday, April 29: Changing Your Name
- Tuesday, May 6: Mental Illness and the Probate Court
- Tuesday, May 13: Your Rights as a Beneficiary of an estate
- Tuesday, May 20: Your Responsibilities as a Fiduciary- Executor or Administrator or Trustee
- Tuesday May 27: What Does a Conservator Do? Conservator of the Estate vs. Conservator of the Person
- Tuesday, June 3: Intellectually Disabled Kids- Guardians
- Tuesday June 17: What Happens When You Die Without a Will.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.