WESTPORT, Conn. – The detached Saugatuck Post Office Box unit, which is in a trailer on Westport’s Saugatuck Avenue, may soon move to a permanent location.
The U.S. Postal Service recently notified First Selectman Gordon Joseloff it intends to relocate the facility — currently operating out of a temporary structure in the parking lot at 20 Saugatuck Ave. — to the building at 25 Franklin St., Joseloff announced Monday.
The Postal Service originally sought to move the branch to a vacant space inside the building at 20 Saugatuck Ave. Unable to secure that space, however, the Franklin Street building was instead selected as a permanent location, Joseph Mulvey, a real estate specialist for the Postal Service told Joseloff in a Jan. 23 letter.
“We believe this new site will provide the community with an efficient, modern facility that offers a safe working environment for our employees and a level of service expected by our customers,” Mulvey said in the letter.
Residents are welcome to submit comments on the selection of the Franklin Street building within 30 days. Letters, addressed to Mulvey’s attention, should be mailed can be mailed to 2 Congress St., Room 8, Milford, MA 01757.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 3 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport
- 4 Westport Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Westport Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend