WESTPORT, Conn. – The detached Saugatuck Post Office Box unit, which is in a trailer on Westport’s Saugatuck Avenue, may soon move to a permanent location.
The U.S. Postal Service recently notified First Selectman Gordon Joseloff it intends to relocate the facility — currently operating out of a temporary structure in the parking lot at 20 Saugatuck Ave. — to the building at 25 Franklin St., Joseloff announced Monday.
The Postal Service originally sought to move the branch to a vacant space inside the building at 20 Saugatuck Ave. Unable to secure that space, however, the Franklin Street building was instead selected as a permanent location, Joseph Mulvey, a real estate specialist for the Postal Service told Joseloff in a Jan. 23 letter.
“We believe this new site will provide the community with an efficient, modern facility that offers a safe working environment for our employees and a level of service expected by our customers,” Mulvey said in the letter.
Residents are welcome to submit comments on the selection of the Franklin Street building within 30 days. Letters, addressed to Mulvey’s attention, should be mailed can be mailed to 2 Congress St., Room 8, Milford, MA 01757.
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield