EASTON, Conn. Hey, Easton, looking for fun activities to do with friends or the kids this weekend? Heres some of the many events happening in and around Easton in the next few days:
Friday, Feb. 10
- 6:30 p.m.: The Easton Community Center is holding its 8th Annual Father/Daughter Valentines Day dance. The event, which runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., will serve kid-friendly appetizers, punch and ice cream. Each daughter will also leave with a Valentines Day balloon. Party attire is encouraged. The cost for the event is $50 per couple.
- 8 p.m.: Mardi Gras comes to Fairfield when the Rebirth Brass Band brings its celebratory, joyous music to the Quick Center. The New Orleans band was formed in 1983 by the Frazier brothers. Now its signature brand of heavy funk has become the soundtrack to an entire city. Tickets are $30 and $35. For more information, visit www.quickcenter.com .
Saturday, Feb. 11
- 11 a.m.: Learn the science and history of maple syruping in a hands-on way at Ambler Farm on Saturday or Sunday. Choose a tree at the Farm and hang your bucket to collect sap. The sap will be boiled down in the Farm's sugar shack, and each family can take home its own bottle of Ambler Farm maple syrup. Training times are: Saturday from 11 a.m. to noon and Sunday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Register early at http://www.amblerfarm.org for this popular program.
- 2:30 p.m.: Residents from Fairfield County are invited to a public reception to celebrate the the 50th anniversary of the Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport. The reception takes place from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. To RSVP, call 203-513-2599, ext. 125, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 2:30 p.m.: Mothers and their sons are invited to the Easton Community Centers Mother and Son Valentines Day Activity Afternoon. At the event, moms and sons can run through an obstacle course together and get caricature portraits. Pizza, salad and refreshments will be served. Participants should dress in active wear for the event, which runs from 2:30 to 5 p.m. The cost is $50. For more information or to register, call the Center at 203-459-9700. The center is located at 364 Sport Hill Road
- 8 p.m.: Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter and actress Melissa Manchester performs at The Edgerton Center in Fairfield. The performance will include her classic songs "Midnight Blue," "Just You and I," "Whenever I call You Friend," "Come in From the Rain," "You Should Hear How She Talks About You," "Through the Eyes of Love," "Don't Cry Out Loud" and more. For information, visit www.edgertoncenter.org . Tickets are between $35 and $55.
Sunday, Feb. 12
- 9 a.m.: Proactive yoga in the serene surroundings of the Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens in Stamford. Yoga is a practice that brings into union the body and mind. The goal of yoga is to rejuvenate the body, increase its strength and flexibility, relax the nervous system and quiet the thought waves of the mind.
- 1 p.m.: Westport Country Playhouse presents NYC's Vital Theatre production of "Pinkalicious: The Musical." Something unusual happens when Little Pinkalicious eats pink cupcakes she turns pink from head to toe! Recommended for ages 6 and up. Tickets are $18. For more Information, visit www.westportplayhouse.org .
- 1 p.m.: The Bruce Museum's Family Astronomy Day offers a range of activities and crafts focusing on the stars and planets. STARLAB Planetarium has continuous shows throughout the day featuring our local night skies. Members of the Astronomical Society will show off telescopes and share information about the Bowman Observatory. Activities are suitable for children 5 and up. Museum admission is $6 and $7. For more information, visit www.brucemuseum.org .
Do you know of any fun activities coming up in Easton or throughout Fairfield County? Let reporter Erin Lynch know at email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.