WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- The relatives of physician Joseph J. Stavola and attorney Jeanne C. Serocke-Stavol, who were killed while driving on the Merritt Parkway in 2007, are suing the state of Connecticut over the deaths.
- A 34-year-old Bridgeport man was arrested on charges of engaging Westport police in a chase after a shoplifting incident.
- Westport had the highest population growth rate in Fairfield County from 2010 to 2013.
- A new Time magazine study of the ZIP codes ranks Weston's 06883 as the third-richest ZIP code in the nation.
- Staffed by doctors from the Norwalk Hospital group, the Fast Care Clinic at the Stop & Shop on Kings Highway Cutoff in Fairfield is the first of its kind in New England.
- 1 Woman Charged With Having Pot, Pills At Compo Beach In Westport
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Westport's Tanen, Higgins Group Realtor, Wins Women's Council's State Honor