NORWALK, Conn. -- Don't need a phone book? Don't want to deal with the recycling? Fairfield County residents are reminded that they can opt out of receiving a delivery of the yellow pages, Norwalk/Darien state Sen. Bob Duff said.
“Phone books are extremely useful tools, and have been connecting local residents to businesses and to each other for decades," Duff said in a statement. "Yet many people now prefer to use the internet for this purpose, and for them a printed phone book is unnecessary and unwanted. I am glad that Yellow Pages has set up a website where those who wish may opt out of delivery. Everyone who wants a phone book will still receive one, and those who don’t may opt out. Everybody wins."
Residents who wish to limit or stop delivery of directories should visit YellowPagesOptOut.com and submit their requests as soon as possible to ensure receipt in advance of future deliveries.
Connecticut residents can also opt out of phone book delivery by phone by calling hibü, the publisher of Yellowbook directories, at 877-613-1095 and YP at 866-329-7118.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Search Begins Off Coast Of Westport For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 4 Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Westport Cars
- 5 UPDATE: Gas Leak Closes Main Street In Westport