WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
Westport's Groove is one of the many businesses and stores in Fairfield County that are ranked among the best in the state by Connecticut Magazine. It won accolades in the teen clothing category.
- John F. Akers of Westport, a retired chairman and CEO of IBM Corp., died at age of 79.
- Westport police arrested Derek Forsythe, 26, of Weston after his DNA matched the mask used in an armed robbery in 2011 in Westport.
- Eliane Mullen, 39, of Greenwich was arrested and charged with hosting a party for teenagers, complete with alcohol and condoms in Easton.
- At the request of the Westport Weston Family Y, the town Westport agreed to postpone a hearing with the Water Pollution Control Authority on the wastewater disposal at the Y's new facility at Mahackeno.
- Westport native Jane Costello markets her pickled green beans and spiced peaches under the brand name Jane’s Good Food at farmers markets and local stores around Fairfield County.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Westport Overnight
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday