WESTPORT, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Westport’s Alisan Porter!
Alisan Porter, who went to school in Westport, turns 33 on Friday.
The actress, singer, dancer and columnist was born June 20, 1981, in Worcester, Massachusetts.
She has been singing and performing since the age of three; at the age of five, she became the youngest participant ever to win the Star Search show. As an actress, she is known for her role as Curly Sue in the movie Curly Sue. She costarred with Tim Curry in an introduction scene of an awards ceremony where both of them "jumped" out of a movie screen and into real life through special effects.
Porter continued acting in high school in Westport, Connecticut, where she joined a theater group and participated in various shows. When she was eighteen, she moved to New York to audition for Broadway shows. She was cast as Urleen in the show "Footloose."
Porter is based in Los Angeles, where she has been working on her music career. During this time she starred as Miriam in "The Ten Commandments: The Musical" at the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles
In 2003, the band The Raz was formed, with Porter as the vocalist and main songwriter and later In March 2005, she announced the birth of her new band, The Alisan Porter Project.
Since December 2008, Porter is a contributing columnist for Movmnt Magazine.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Westport Mom And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day In Stamford
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Bedford Middle School Team Heads To National Science Olympiad