FAIRFIELD, Conn. — The Fairfield Chamber of Commerce and the Norma Pfriem Breast Center will host their fourth lecture in the new 2016-17 nine-part series, “Evenings of Wellness,” on Wednesday, Jan. 11, at the Norma Pfriem Breast Center in Fairfield.
This lecture topic is "Stress Reduction through Music." The lecture will be led by music therapist Cassandra Mulcahy. Mulcahy graduated from Berklee School of Music with a bachelor's of music and received her master’s in music therapy from Temple University.
Mulcahy will discuss the following topics:
- Music’s effectiveness in relaxation.
- Music’s role in stress management.
- Music’s unique link to our emotions.
The lecture is free and open to the public. Those planning to attend should RSVP by Monday, Jan. 9, as seating is limited. To reserve a seat, call the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce at 203-255-1011.
The lecture will be from 6 to 7 p.m.
Upcoming scheduled dates and topics for the remaining lectures of the "Evenings of Wellness" series:
- Feb. 1: Dr. Ram Gordon: “Heart Health” (National Heart Month).
- March 1: Dr. Michael Lee: “The Truth About Concussions.”
- April 5: Dr. David Mulligan: “Organ Donation” (National Donate Life Month).
- May 3: Marni Amsellam, Clinical Psychologist: (Topic TBD).
- June 7: Dr. Jeremy Kaufman: “Men’s Health” (National Men’s Health Month).
The Norma Pfriem Breast Center is at 111 Beach Road, Fairfield. The lecture will be held on the second floor.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.