WESTPORT, Conn. – Food, carnival rides, games and family fun are on tap this weekend as the Yankee Doodle Fair returns to Westport.
The Yankee Doodle Fair will be held Thursday, June 12, through Sunday, June 15, at the Westport Women’s Club, 44 Imperial Ave.
The fair will be open 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 1 to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
The fair will feature carnival rides from Stewart Amuseuments, an international food court and a Curio Cottage Thrift Shop. Visitors can also participate in a raffle, purchase goods at a bake sale, or engage in crafts such as face painting and sand art.
Organized by the Westport Woman’s Club, the event is the town’s oldest and last remaining annual family fair. It serves as the largest fundraiser for the Woman’s Club.
The proceeds go to support the club's grants to community organizations, the scholarship program and the Food Closet.
Admission is free. No dogs are allowed. Pay one price unlimited ride wristbands will be available all the days of the fair, including Friday and Saturday nights.
Raffle prizes include:
- 1st Prize: $1,000
- 2nd Prize: $500 Gift Card Redeemable at William-Sonoma
- 3rd Prize: Trio of Black, White & Silver Jewelry: Necklace, Bracelet, and Earrings (value $285)
- 4th Prize: Kindle Paperwhite – Cover & Car Charger (value $180)
Drawing: June 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. (do not have to be present to win)
In the air-conditioned Auditorium, the Gourmet
Group will hold a bake sale featuring homemade baked goods.
Food court vendors include Blue Lemon Restaurant, Westport Chinese Takeout, Westport Pizza and Skips Ice Cream Truck with Pearl Odyssey
Yankee Doodle Fair's program partner is HSBC Bank. The major sponsors are Resnick Investment Advisors, attorney Robert Grant, Wells Fargo, Dorothy Curran of Weichert Realtors and Westport National Bank. Harding Funeral Home is a Friend of the Fair.
For more information, visit the Westport Woman’s Club website.
- 1 HGTV’s Talented Twin Property Brothers Work Their Magic In Fairfied County
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Saugatuck Assistant Principal Gets Top Job At Long Lots School In Westport