WESTPORT, Conn. -- New York University journalism professor Charles Seife will discuss the spread and influence of digital information and his book, "Virtual Unreality: Just Because the Internet Told You So, How Do You Know It's True?" at the Westport Library on Thursday, July 10, at 7 p.m.
Digital information is a powerful tool that spreads rapidly, affects all corners of society, and is all but impossible to control—even when that information is actually a lie. Seife explores the Internet information jungle and cut a path through the trickery, fakery and cyber skullduggery that the online world enables.
The Westport Library is located at 22 Jesup Road. Call 203.291.4800 or visit the library website for more information.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Democrats Turn Out Early In Westport To Support Hillary Clinton
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal