FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Enjoy a barbecue festival, folk music and carnivals in Fairfield County this Labor Day weekend.
1. Westport's 7th Annual Blues, Views and BBQ Festival on Saturday, Aug. 30, and Sunday, Aug. 31
Enjoy a weekend of hot food, great music and family fun in downtown Westport. There are two ways to enjoy the Festival: the Family Fun Fest includes free amusements, pie and rib eating contests, bull riding, games and activities, chef demos, a BBQ competition and a music stage.. An all-access pass also gains admission to see 12 bands performing at the Levitt Pavilion. Family Fun Fest tickets are $10. All Access Pass includes Family Fun Fest and entry to Levitt Pavilion (on line, pre-sale discount) Saturday: $50, Sunday: $25, Two Day Pass: $70. Kids 12 and under are free with paid adult.
2. Westport Historical Society Presents a Coffeehouse Tribute To Pete Seeger At The Wheeler’s on Friday, Aug. 29, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Join singer-songwriter Suzanne Sheridan and other local musicians on Aug. 29 for an evening of Civil Rights and Vietnam War protest songs in tribute to the late folk icon Pete Seeger. Admission is $15 and reservations are recommended. Light refreshments will be served. 25 Avery Place.
3. 34th Annual St. Leo Fair in Stamford from Wednesday, Aug. 27, to Saturday, Aug. 30.
Free admission to the church grounds gives visitors the opportunity to listen to music, sample international foods, enjoy rides and carnival games, and try their luck in the Bingo Parlor. Hours for the Fair will be 6 to 11 p.m. through Friday, Aug. 30, and 2 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31. 24 Roxbury Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend and why in the comments below.
- 1 Westport Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Westport With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk