WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- Nearly half of all Westport students did not attend school on Monday, which was a snow makeup day .
- Staples High School in Westport was named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- Sean Obi, a former star at Greens Farms Academy in Westport and a resident of Greenwich, will transfer to play basketball at Duke University.
- The Westport-Weston Chambers of Commerce named longtime Westport resident and Representative Town Meeting member Matthew Mandell as its new executive director and president.
- Staples High School sophomore Hannah DeBalsi won the 3,000 meters Thursday at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia, the oldest and largest track and field meet in the United States.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.