WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies .
- Two people were sent to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after a two-car rollover crash on I-95 northbound in Westport.
- A 49-year-old Norwalk man was arrested in Westport and charged with drunken driving after a patrol officer spotted a car driving recklessly on South Compo Road.
- Westport diver helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.
- Westport Warm Up Fund are still accepting donations to help qualified residents who receive state heating assistance to keep their homes warm.