WESTPORT, Conn. - Team Sherpa from Westport is celebration its completion of the Merrell “Down & Dirty” Obstacle race, which contained 20 innovative obstacles that challenged all participants, the team said in a press release.
Team Sherpa participated in the exciting and challenging competition, which included two 3- and 6-mile off-road obstacle course competitions. Those courses included military-style obstacles, commanding climbs, water crossings, and massive mud pits in Hartford’s Riverside Park.
The race was not only challenging for the more than 3,000 participants, but it also partnered with Operations Gratitude, a charitable organization that sends care packages of snacks, entertainment and personal letters to U.S. service members deployed in hostile regions throughout the world.
At Sherpa, a gym founded in 2007 by Jean Paul Desrosiers in Westport, the goal of the trainers and coaches is to empower their clients to "move their boundaries." Sherpa supports an extensive client list, catering to a wide range of goals from general weight loss to climbing the world's seven highest peaks.
For more information, visit: www.sherpafit.com
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 3 Westport Toddler Receives Blessing, Kiss From Pope Francis
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Westport
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed