WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport’s Margaret Doyle helped the Trinity College women’s rowing team win its first NCAA Division III national championship in a regatta last weekend in Indianapolis.
Doyle, a senior who attended Lauralton Hall in Milford, rowed on Trinity’s second varsity eight. That crew finished second. Trinity won the first varsity eight and finished with 40 points. Williams, the nine-time defending champions, finished second with 33 points.
Doyle also competed for Trinity’s second varsity eight in 2013, which also won a silver medal at the NCAA championships. An economics major, she is the daughter of Kevin and Jane Doyle.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Westport Man Lands Big Fish In Long Island Sound