WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport’s Margaret Doyle helped the Trinity College women’s rowing team win its first NCAA Division III national championship in a regatta last weekend in Indianapolis.
Doyle, a senior who attended Lauralton Hall in Milford, rowed on Trinity’s second varsity eight. That crew finished second. Trinity won the first varsity eight and finished with 40 points. Williams, the nine-time defending champions, finished second with 33 points.
Doyle also competed for Trinity’s second varsity eight in 2013, which also won a silver medal at the NCAA championships. An economics major, she is the daughter of Kevin and Jane Doyle.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Westport
- 2 Westport Investment Adviser Who Defrauded Clients Gets One Year In Prison
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Westport