WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport’s Margaret Doyle helped the Trinity College women’s rowing team win its first NCAA Division III national championship in a regatta last weekend in Indianapolis.
Doyle, a senior who attended Lauralton Hall in Milford, rowed on Trinity’s second varsity eight. That crew finished second. Trinity won the first varsity eight and finished with 40 points. Williams, the nine-time defending champions, finished second with 33 points.
Doyle also competed for Trinity’s second varsity eight in 2013, which also won a silver medal at the NCAA championships. An economics major, she is the daughter of Kevin and Jane Doyle.
- 1 Police: Bridgeport Man Was Dead When Moved To Spot In Westport
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 New York City Buyer Purchases Office Building On Westport's Post Road West
- 4 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say