WESTPORT, Conn. – Soccer standouts Sabrina Toole and Julia Marino of Westport earned post-season accolades after helping St. Joseph of Trumbull win a share of the league championship and finish second in the state tournament.
Toole, a junior, made the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference first team. She also earned All-State honors in Class M from the Connecticut State Girls Soccer Coaches Association and was one of four players from the state to earn All-American honors. Marino, a sophomore, earned honorable mention on the All-FCIAC team.
St. Joseph earned a share of the league championship with Greenwich and advanced to the Class M final before losing to Northwest Catholic, 4-1. The Cadets finished the season 18-3-2.
- 1 Westport Police Arrest Two After Lengthy Narcotics Investigation
- 2 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 4 Westport Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 5 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted