WESTPORT, Conn. – Soccer standouts Sabrina Toole and Julia Marino of Westport earned post-season accolades after helping St. Joseph of Trumbull win a share of the league championship and finish second in the state tournament.
Toole, a junior, made the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference first team. She also earned All-State honors in Class M from the Connecticut State Girls Soccer Coaches Association and was one of four players from the state to earn All-American honors. Marino, a sophomore, earned honorable mention on the All-FCIAC team.
St. Joseph earned a share of the league championship with Greenwich and advanced to the Class M final before losing to Northwest Catholic, 4-1. The Cadets finished the season 18-3-2.
- 1 Westport Man Sentenced To 5 Months In Prison For Sex Assault On Teen
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Forbes Ranks Founder Of Westport Hedge Fund As Richest Man In Connecticut
- 4 Passed Out Driver’s Arrest On Drug Charge Tops Week’s News In Westport
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight