WESTPORT, Conn. – Soccer standouts Sabrina Toole and Julia Marino of Westport earned post-season accolades after helping St. Joseph of Trumbull win a share of the league championship and finish second in the state tournament.
Toole, a junior, made the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference first team. She also earned All-State honors in Class M from the Connecticut State Girls Soccer Coaches Association and was one of four players from the state to earn All-American honors. Marino, a sophomore, earned honorable mention on the All-FCIAC team.
St. Joseph earned a share of the league championship with Greenwich and advanced to the Class M final before losing to Northwest Catholic, 4-1. The Cadets finished the season 18-3-2.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield