WESTPORT, Conn. -- Alison Tane won the recent Longshore Women's Golf Association George Buck Tournament, the organization's first major event of the season.
The tournament is named after the club’s longtime golf professional who taught there for over 45 years. Tane, won medalist honors over Alison Lerch, a new member of the association.
After a qualifying round, the top 16 players advanced to match play competition over a three-week stretch. The final match came down to the last hole before Tane emerged victorious.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Westport Man Charged With Failing To Register On Sex Offender List
- 3 Westport Man Charged With Strangling His Wife
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital