WESTPORT, Conn. -- Alison Tane won the recent Longshore Women's Golf Association George Buck Tournament, the organization's first major event of the season.
The tournament is named after the club’s longtime golf professional who taught there for over 45 years. Tane, won medalist honors over Alison Lerch, a new member of the association.
After a qualifying round, the top 16 players advanced to match play competition over a three-week stretch. The final match came down to the last hole before Tane emerged victorious.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Westport On Wednesday
- 2 Westport Parents Transform Sidewalk With Chalk Messages Of Kindness
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y