WESTPORT, Conn. -- Alison Tane won the recent Longshore Women's Golf Association George Buck Tournament, the organization's first major event of the season.
The tournament is named after the club’s longtime golf professional who taught there for over 45 years. Tane, won medalist honors over Alison Lerch, a new member of the association.
After a qualifying round, the top 16 players advanced to match play competition over a three-week stretch. The final match came down to the last hole before Tane emerged victorious.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Where To Eat Out In And Around Westport On Thanksgiving