WESTPORT, Conn. -- Alison Tane won the recent Longshore Women's Golf Association George Buck Tournament, the organization's first major event of the season.
The tournament is named after the club’s longtime golf professional who taught there for over 45 years. Tane, won medalist honors over Alison Lerch, a new member of the association.
After a qualifying round, the top 16 players advanced to match play competition over a three-week stretch. The final match came down to the last hole before Tane emerged victorious.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 21 Percent In Westport
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Westport
- 5 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team