NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on Monday as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship, according to GoStanford.com.
Wilson sank a birdie putt on the third playoff hole of the tournament to narrowly top Georgia Tech’s Ollie Schniederjans at Prairie Dunes Country Club in Hutchinson, Kan., according to the article.
Wilson is just the third golfer in Stanford University history to win the individual title.
He shot a six-under 204 over the three-day tournament. He was helped by an astounding seven-under 63 on the second day of the championship, which is reportedly tied for the second-lowest single-round score in Stanford history.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Westport