NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on Monday as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship, according to GoStanford.com.
Wilson sank a birdie putt on the third playoff hole of the tournament to narrowly top Georgia Tech’s Ollie Schniederjans at Prairie Dunes Country Club in Hutchinson, Kan., according to the article.
Wilson is just the third golfer in Stanford University history to win the individual title.
He shot a six-under 204 over the three-day tournament. He was helped by an astounding seven-under 63 on the second day of the championship, which is reportedly tied for the second-lowest single-round score in Stanford history.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Search Begins Off Coast Of Westport For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 4 Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Westport Cars
- 5 UPDATE: Gas Leak Closes Main Street In Westport