NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on Monday as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship, according to GoStanford.com.
Wilson sank a birdie putt on the third playoff hole of the tournament to narrowly top Georgia Tech’s Ollie Schniederjans at Prairie Dunes Country Club in Hutchinson, Kan., according to the article.
Wilson is just the third golfer in Stanford University history to win the individual title.
He shot a six-under 204 over the three-day tournament. He was helped by an astounding seven-under 63 on the second day of the championship, which is reportedly tied for the second-lowest single-round score in Stanford history.
- 1 Westport Natives Open 'Progressive Smoke Shop' In Bridgeport
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Westport Skies Sunday
- 3 Motorcyclist Injured After Colliding With Box Truck In Westport
- 4 Westport Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Westport Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend