FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – New Canaan won the Class L state football championship, but Fairfield Prep will have to wait until Sunday, at least, to play for the Class LL title.
The Rams defeated Darien, 44-12, at Boyle Stadium in Stamford. But Fairfield Prep’s game against Southington was postponed because of the snow. The teams are scheduled to meet Sunday at 3:05 p.m. at West Haven High School. The game, however, may be delayed until Monday, depending on travel conditions.
New Canaan’s Nick Cascione threw two touchdown passes and ran for another to lead the Rams (14-1), who set a school record for victories. New Canaan won its first state championship in four years, and its 19th overall. The Rams have won seven state titles since 2000. New Canaan coach Lou Marinelli won his ninth state title, a state record.
- 1 Weston Man Charged With Hitting Pedestrian In Westport
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield
- 4 Westport Police Use K9 Officer To Track Down Fleeing Shoplifting Suspects
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run