FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- New Canaan’s James Randon and Westport’s Henry Wynne have been selected to compete in the Dream Mile at the Adidas Grand Prix track and field meet in New York on May 25.
Randon runs for Middlesex in Massachusetts, while Wynne runs for Staples High School. Wynne and Randon raced once before this year in the New Balance Indoor Nationals in March. Wynne won the race, and Randon finished fifth. Wynne ended the indoor season with the top time in the country at the 1-mile distance.
The Adidas Grand Prix race will be held at Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island. Other runners will be Sean McGorty of Chantilly, Va., who won the mile at the Penn Relays in April, and Edward Cheserek of Newark, N.J., who is regarded as one of the top high school runners in the nation. Only 14 runners in the nation were invited to the race.
Randon holds the top time in the nation for 1,500 meters. He will attend Yale University in the fall.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Westport Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday