DANBURY, Conn. -- Danbury finished pool play with a 1-3 record after losing to Maryland, 5-2, in a game late Wednesday night at the Cal Ripken World Series in Aberdeen, Md.
Danbury won on Thursday, 5-0, in the consolation bracket of the World Series against Homewood, Ill., the Ohio Valley champion.
Danbury’s fate was already decided before Wednesday’s final pool play game. Still, Danbury took a 2-0 lead in the first inning on a two-run home run by Javon Hernandez. Prince George’s County, which finished 4-0, tied the game in the fourth and scored three runs in the fifth to take the lead for good.
The victory on Thursday put Danbury into the consolation bracket semifinals later in the day against Canada. That will be Danbury’s final game in the tournament.
- 1 Westport's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 21 Percent In Westport
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Westport
- 5 Former Staples Star Leads Unbeaten Amherst Football Team