WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport’s Staples High School is officially listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most set of twins in one academic year, Staples Principal John Dodig said Monday.
With 16 sets of twins in the sophomore class, Staples beat the old record of 13 set in 2010 by Pomperaug High School in Southbury, Conn. In April, the twins in the Class of 2014 gathered at the school for a photo, which was submitted to Guinness, along with other documentation.
Recently, Luke Foreman, one of the twins who organized the record-breaking attempt, received a certificate from Guinness confirming that Staples had broken the previous record, Dodig said. However, Staples shares the limelight with Valley Southwoods Freshman High School in West Des Moines, Iowa, which has 16 sets of twins in its freshman class.
“It’s great news,” Dodig said. “But I’m sure it won’t last long. It’s only a matter of time until a larger school breaks the record.”
- 1 HGTV’s Talented Twin Property Brothers Work Their Magic In Fairfied County
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport
- 3 Westport Firefighters Help With Extraction In I-95 Car Rollovers
- 4 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 5 Saugatuck Assistant Principal Gets Top Job At Long Lots School In Westport