WESTPORT, Conn. – Westport’s Staples High School is officially listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most set of twins in one academic year, Staples Principal John Dodig said Monday.
With 16 sets of twins in the sophomore class, Staples beat the old record of 13 set in 2010 by Pomperaug High School in Southbury, Conn. In April, the twins in the Class of 2014 gathered at the school for a photo, which was submitted to Guinness, along with other documentation.
Recently, Luke Foreman, one of the twins who organized the record-breaking attempt, received a certificate from Guinness confirming that Staples had broken the previous record, Dodig said. However, Staples shares the limelight with Valley Southwoods Freshman High School in West Des Moines, Iowa, which has 16 sets of twins in its freshman class.
“It’s great news,” Dodig said. “But I’m sure it won’t last long. It’s only a matter of time until a larger school breaks the record.”
- 1 Westport Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Westport, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Westport; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westport Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter