EASTON, Conn. -- The following is a message from Thomas McMorran, head of Joel Barlow High School:
Due to the anticipated track of Hurricane Irene, the following events have been cancelled. Please note that we will announce rescheduled dates, if possible, via subsequent listserv emails. We will also post cancellations and/or rescheduling information on our website: www.joelbarlowps.org .
1. CANCELLED: Saturday, Aug. 27, Alumni Soccer Game.
2. CANCELLED: Sunday, Aug. 28, all athletic practices. (Athletes may receive additional information from their coaches).
3. CANCELLED: Monday, Aug. 29, Freshman Orientation Day for the Class of 2015. This event will not be rescheduled. There will be an advisory/home room meeting at the beginning of school on Wednesday, Aug. 31. Students who are not sure where to report to may go to the cafeteria between 7 and 7:30 a.m. for assistance. There will also be staff members in the hallways to assist students.
4. CANCELLED: Monday, Aug. 29, Evening Meeting Orientation for Parents of Freshmen. We do not know at this point if this session will be rescheduled. If it is rescheduled, we will let you know via listserv. The general Open House for parents of all grade levels is scheduled for October 5 from 7 to 9 pm.
5. Temporarily Suspended: Some of our equipment will be unplugged and covered in plastic for the next two or three days. Therefore, if you are not able to communicate with us on Monday, please try to reach us via telephone at 203 938-2508 .
Send your event cancellations to email@example.com and we'll post them on the website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.