Contact Us
Westport Daily Voice serves Weston & Westport

Menu

Westport Daily Voice serves Weston & Westport

Nearby Towns

schools

Faulty Light Fixture Forces Students To Briefly Evacuate Staples High

Photo Credit:

WESTPORT, Conn. -- Students were briefly evacuated from Staples High School in Westport before classes began Wednesday morning due to a burning odor, according to WestportNow.com .

Westport fire officials said the odor was traced to a light fixture on the second floor, Westport Now said.

Students and staff congregated in the field house but were allowed to return to classes by first period, Westport Now said.

Read the full report here at Westport Now.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Westport Daily Voice!

Serves Weston & Westport

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.