WESTPORT, Conn. -- Residents who have served on active military duty and received an honorable discharge are entitled to an exemption on their assessment of real estate or personal property, Westport Assessor Paul Friia has announced.
The exemption is subject to the following requirements:
- Resident of the Town of Westport as of Oct. 1.
- Record owner of property in Westport as of Oct. 1 for real estate exemption.
- Vehicle registered in Westport as of Oct. 1 for personal property exemption.
- Files an original honorable discharge service record form DD-214, with the Westport Town Clerk before Oct. 1.
- Served during a recognized war period as determined by the State of Connecticut.
Any veteran having a disability rating must submit proof of the percentage of disability during the month of October.
Residents should contact the Assessor’s office at (203) 341-1070 with any questions.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.