WESTPORT, Conn. – Hadley Rose, moderator of Westport’s Representative Town Meeting — the town’s legislative body — resigned from his position Tuesday night because he and his wife are moving to Simsbury.
Rose, who was elected to the 36-member body in 2003, has served as moderator since 2007.
“We are the deciders. It always comes down to us. In the 10 years I’ve been on this body and in town government, there is no other group that I would rather have, that I would have more confidence in than the RTM,” Rose said at the start of Tuesday’s meeting.
“Thank all for the hard work you’ve put in and thank you for the privilege of letting me lead you for the last six years. I’m going to miss it.”
Deputy Moderator Eileen Flug will lead the RTM until the body elects its leaders. Flug was elected deputy moderator in December 2010.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Suspect In Southport Home Burglary Arrested On I-95 Near Westport
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 IRS Warns Westport Residents Of Phone Scam