WESTON, Conn. -- Democratic challenger Chris Spaulding soundly defeated Republican incumbent Nina Daniel in the race for Weston First Selectman in voting Tuesday, according to election results from the secretary of the state.
Spaulding's landslide win — he received more than twice as many votes — led the way for other Democratic victories in Weston in the municipal election.
In the race for Selectman, Democrat Brian Gordon topped Republican Stephan Grozinger. But both won seats on the Board of Selectmen because they each earned more votes than Daniel.
Democrat Steve Ezzes won election to the Board of Finance.
Republican incumbent Elise Major lost her seat on the Board of Education.
And Republican Tom Failla, chairman of the Planning and Zoning Commission, was also ousted.
Here is the ballot for Weston, with winners in bold . (All results are unofficial.)
- Chris Spaulding - D - 2,112 votes
- Nina Daniel - R - 908 votes
- Brian Gordon - D - 1,781 votes
- Stephan Grozinger - R - 1,210 votes
Board of Finance (vote for four):
- Steve Ezzes - D - 2,076 votes
- Bob Ferguson - R - 1,250 votes
- Bob Machson - R - 1,024 votes
- Jerry Sargent - R- 1,402 votes
- Rone Baldwin - R - 1 ,362 votes
- Peter McGinnis - Petitioning Candidate - 692 votes
- Effie Thieme - Petitioning Candidate - 835 votes
Board of Education (vote for three):
- Tony Pesco - D - 1,777 votes
- Samantha Nestor - D - 2,005 votes
- Sara Spaulding - D - 2,106 votes
- Elise Major - R - 1,550 votes
- Gina Albert - D
Board of Assessment Appeals:
- Denise Maxcy - D
- Leslie Riback - R
Planning and Zoning Commission (vote for three):
- Harry Falber - D - 1,991 votes
- Sally Korsh - D - 1,943 votes
- Tom Failla - R - 1,376 votes
- Britta A. Lerner - R - 1,479 votes
Zoning Board of Appeals (vote for two):
- W. MacLeod Snaith - D
- Bob Machson - R
Don Scarborough - D
Zoning Board of Appeals Alternate:
- Jim Low - D
- John Moran - R
- Dawn Egan - D
- Susan Moch - D
- Woody Bliss - R
- Peter J. Ottomano - R
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.