WESTPORT, Conn. – If you won’t be able to vote in person on Election Day, Nov. 6, you can apply for an absentee ballot, now available at the Westport Town Clerk’s Office.
Registered voters may qualify for an absentee ballot for the following reasons:
▪ Active service in the U.S. armed forces;
▪ Illness or physical disability;
▪ Religious tenets, which forbid secular activity on the day of the election;
▪ Duties as an election official at the polling place other than their own during all of the hours of voting; and
▪ Absence from the town during all of the hours of voting.
Applications for an absentee ballot can be requested in person at the Town Clerk’s Office, Room 105 at Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Ave., or by calling 203-341-1110. They can also be downloaded from the town website.
The Town Clerk’s Office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Absentee ballots will be available until 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 5, the day before the election.