WESTPORT, Conn. -- Town Clerk Patricia Strauss has announced that absentee ballots for the April 26 Democratic and Republican Presidential Preference Primaries are available at the town clerk's office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays beginning Tuesday, April 5.
Registered electors who are enrolled in a major party may qualify for the following reasons:
- Active service in the armed forces of the United States.
- Illness or physical disability.
- Religious tenets, which forbid secular activity on the day of the election.
- Duties as an election official at the polling place other than their own during all of the hours of voting.
- Absence from the town during all of the hours of voting.
Application for a ballot may be requested in person at the clerk’s office, Room 105, Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Ave., or by calling 203-341-1110. The application form also is available online . Absentee ballots will be available through Monday, April 25, the day before the primary.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.