WESTPORT, Conn. – A 44-year-old Weston woman was charged with drunken driving in Westport last Friday morning after she drove up an embankment, police said.
Michele Seibold of Wampum Hill Road was arrested after police were called to Wilton Road and Newtown Turnpike on the report of a person passed out behind the wheel of a Subaru, the police report said.
When officers arrived, they saw the Subaru make a U-turn and then drive up an embankment before stopping, police said. The officers smelled alcohol on Seibold’s breath when they approached the car, the report said.
Seibold failed field sobriety tests but was unable to take the breath test because she had difficulty following directions, police said. She was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor, and released on a $500 bond. She is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 21.
- 1 Police: Bridgeport Man Was Dead When Moved To Spot In Westport
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Westport Police Investigate 'Suspicious’ Death Of Bridgeport Man