WESTON, Conn. -- A Georgetown first responder rescued a Weston woman and her two dogs on from a burning home on Monday, according to the Weston Forum .
According to the Weston Forum, Marty Heibeck, first assistant chief with the Georgetown Fire Department, was first on the scene at the Samuelson Road home after the fire was reported around 2:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, he saw flames from the first floor and a woman holding a small dog on a second floor window, the Weston Forum reported. She was reportedly yelling that she couldn't breathe and was trapped.
While waiting for fire engines to arrive, Heibeck used a neighbor's ladder to help the woman and her dog escape.
A second dog was found unconscious inside the home, the Weston Forum said. The dog was rescued and revived with oxygen before it was transported to Georgetown Veterinary Hospital for treatment, according to the Weston Forum.
Firefighters arrived on scene, as well as mutual aid from the Weston, Wilton, Redding and Redding Ridge fire departments, the Weston Forum reported. The fire was quickly extinguished.
Click here to read the full story at the Weston Forum.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.