WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 32-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday on charges of attempting to cash forged business checks at a Westport bank back in June, police said.
Kelly Gray of Stratford was arrested at Norwalk Superior Court on a warrant charging her with first-degree forgery and fifth-degree larceny.
She and three other individuals attempted to cash the forged business checks, police said. All four are have similar cases pending in multiple jurisdictions on suspicion of perpetrating similar crimes, police said.
Gray was held on $40,000 bond and given a court date of Aug. 26 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Westport On Wednesday
- 2 Westport Parents Transform Sidewalk With Chalk Messages Of Kindness
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage In Senate Debate
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y