WESTPORT, Conn. -- An 18-year-old Westport man attempting to enter a Hyatt Lane home was Tasered by officers Saturday morning, police said.
Officers responded after the homeowner reported that an unknown person was attempting to gain entry to his house, police said.
Officers located the suspect, who refused to comply with verbal commands from the officers, police said.
The officers used a Taser on the suspect, identified as Westport resident Roscoe Brown, and took him into custody.
Brown, of 83 Sturges Highway, was charged with second-degree criminal attempt to commit burglary, breach of peace and interfering with an officer.
He was released after posting $5,000 bond and given a court date of June 3.
Also on the Westport police blotter:
- Westport resident Lukas Vanzantan, 23, surrendered to police Tuesday, May 27, on a warrant in connection with the theft of jewelry from a Westport residence earlier this month, police said. Vanzantan was charged with first-degree larceny and released after posting $5,000 bond.
- Norwalk resident Terrance Cummings, 32, was arrested Friday, May 23, after he was accused of text-messaging his former girlfriend in violation of a protective order issued by the court, police said. Cummings was charged with criminal violation of a protective order. He was released after posting $5,000 bond.
- During a motor vehicle stop on Saturday, May 24, Alexsander Vachev, 24, was found to be in possession of crystal methamphetamine and GHB, police said. Vachev, of Bridgeport, was charged with possession of narcotics with intent to distribute, possession of hallucinogen and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on a promise to appear in court June 3.
- Officers responding to a one-car accident on Saugatuck Avenue early Tuesday, May 27, detected a strong odor of alcohol emanating from the driver, Christopher Vornkahl, 23, of Westport. Vornkahl refused to perform any roadside sobriety tests, was arrested at the scene and charged with operating under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released after posting $500 cash bond.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Westport Residents Experience Sweet Success With Nothin' But Foods
- 5 Fairfield County Commuters Face Tough Road Home On Wednesday