WESTPORT, Conn. – A 34-year-old Southport woman was arrested Saturday and charged with risk of injury to a child, a felony, after police said she left her 4-year-old son alone in the car while she went to tan.
Kristen Becker, of Arbor Drive, Southport section of Fairfield, was inside her tanning room at Palm Beach Tan at 1854 Post Road E. when the boy entered the store alone about five minutes later, according to the police report.
The child was not wearing a jacket, and the temperature outside that evening was in the high 20s, the police report said.
When Becker was told by employees the child was in the store, she told her son that he was supposed to stay in the car, the report said.
Becker was later arrested at her home. She was released after posting $2,500 bond and is scheduled to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 11.
This is the second case in two weeks in which a mother was charged with risk of injury to a child for leaving a child unattended.
- 1 Westport Police Arrest Two After Lengthy Narcotics Investigation
- 2 Westport's Dalio Is Connecticut's Wealthiest Billionaire
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Westport
- 4 Westport Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Westport Tuesday